The electricity industry continues to evolve. Traditional, regulated utility operations continue in some regions, but, in others, competitive markets have been introduced and the industry has been de-integrated.
CRA’s Energy practice provides expert economic and business consulting services to a wide range of electricity industry clients, so we’re keenly aware of current, critical issues. They include:
- Global climate change concerns focused on electricity generation
- The expansion of private equity firms into the energy sector
- A need for significant investments in transmission and generation assets
- Changes in the approach to regulation at national and state levels
- Changes in the pace and direction of electricity industry reform
With years of industry experience and exceptional strength in analytics, our consultants offer management and economic expertise in every phase of the electricity production cycle—from fuel procurement to retail strategy—as well as hands-on experience helping clients manage market power, environmental policy, and regulatory issues.
We have pioneered techniques and models that have become industry standards, including competitive market designs, efficient bidding mechanisms, creative financial transactions, and methodologies to assess market power. Attorneys and executives who work with CRA are impressed by our ability to understand the most intricate nuances of complex industry issues.