Forensic Services: Fraud and Accounting Investigations
Unexpected financial results, financial misstatement, missing assets, and fraud are all important triggers for financial investigations. CRA’s forensic specialists have the comprehensive skills necessary to handle every phase of an investigation and keep business disruptions to a minimum. As seasoned investigators with deep experience spanning a wide variety of financial and accounting issues, we can:
- Identify the cause of the financial problem and recommend corrective action
- Determine the true extent of any losses suffered
- Quantify the effect of the problem
- Formulate strategies to ensure the problem does not recur and to minimize the effect of the issue going forward
- Assist in making any recoveries that may be practical under the circumstances
- Liaise with regulators and prosecutors in the conduct of their enquiries or investigations
- Determine the true financial position of a business
- Prepare and submit expert reports and explain our findings to courts and juries
For the purposes of maintaining privilege we would normally be instructed by external counsel in such matters, but we can and do accept instruction from corporates and individuals directly.
Further information on our capabilities, experience and service offerings may be found on the menu to the right; a list of our senior professional staff in this area and their contact details can be obtained from the menu to the left.